Attorney McAdow’s practice emphasizes business and corporate law, especially banking (on the creditor side), commercial, real estate and municipal law. Jerry spends much of his time negotiating and drafting construction and real estate development contracts, business buy-sell agreements, loan documents and business organization agreements.
Jerry has represented large and small businesses before municipal bodies in zoning, annexation and other contexts. He helped American Family Mutual Insurance Company annex more than 700 acres to the City of Madison for a corporate headquarters in 1987 – 88 and continued to represent American Family in its development of an office park and retail center. Jerry’s clients include radio stations, nursing homes, construction contractors, land developers, lenders, numerous sole proprietorships, partnerships and business corporations.
Admitted to Practice
- Wisconsin State Courts
- Commercial transactions, real estate, municipal law, banking and real estate development
Honors & Recognition
- Listed in Best Lawyers®
- Commercial Transactions, 2013 - Present
- Real Estate Law, 2013 - Present
See our disclaimer regarding third-party awards.
Community Involvement & Board Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Office Management Section, Former President
- State of Wisconsin Employer Support of the Guard and Reserves
- Executive Board Member, 1992-2016
- Outside Counsel, 1992-2016
- Rotary Club of Middleton WestTowne, Charter Member
- Board of Directors; former Vice President and Secretary
- President, 1973-1974
- Friends of Pope Farm Conservancy
- American Heart Association's Heartride Bike Pledge Tour, Former Chair
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society's Best Dam Bike Tour Fundraising Ride, Participant for Several Years
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Office Management Section
- J.D., University of Denver College of Law, 1967
- B.S., Political Science and Government, University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1964