Tom practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, and trust administration. Prior to joining private practice, Tom worked as a trust officer, administering trusts and estates in the capacity of a trustee/personal representative. His experience in administration helps him recognize where estate plans can go wrong, and how to prevent the aftermath of a poorly constructed plan.
Tom approaches his practice with the mindset that having a thorough estate plan in place is a wonderful gift to your loved ones. A well-developed estate plan can help ease stress and calm anxieties of your family, allowing them to grieve having lost you.
- Worked as a Trust Officer for 5+ years
- Estate planning for families of all sizes, including federal taxable estates
Admitted to Practice
- Wisconsin, 2009
Presentations, Publications, & Contributions
- Presenter, SAIL – Leaving the Gift of Your Wishes (2017)
Community Involvement & Board Memberships
- Walbridge School, Former Vice Chair
- SAIL – Sharing Active Independent Lives, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Madison Estate Council
- J.D. cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2009
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, 2006
Tom’s Select Writing & Presentations
The Estate Planner | 01.21.22
Many prognosticators forecasted significant tax law changes for 2021 that could have had tremendous impact on clients’ estate plans.