Patrick’s practice focuses on representing privately held companies and financial institutions on transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate formations, corporate governance matters, commercial finance transactions, and contract negotiations.
He advises a wide range of businesses on mergers, sales and acquisitions, redemptions, spin-offs, formations, corporate governance, manufacturing and supply agreements, software agreements, and vendor contracts. He also assists business owners with shareholder and buy-sell agreements, operating agreements, buy-outs, and business succession planning.
Patrick also works extensively with banks, bank holding companies, and other financial institutions, where he assists with mergers, stock acquisitions, asset sales, branch acquisitions, subchapter s conversions, holding company and subsidiary formations, corporate governance, shareholder relations, core data processor and fintech agreements, internet banking and treasury management contracts, and regulatory and compliance matters. He negotiates on behalf of Wisconsin financial institutions with the OCC, FDIC, DFI, HUD and Federal Reserve on various regulatory issues.
He also represents both lenders and borrowers in commercial finance transactions, including commercial real estate loans, commercial and industrial financing, acquisition financing, loan participations, loan syndications, and bank stock loans.
Admitted to Practice
- Wisconsin State Courts
Honors & Recognition
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Wisconsin Law Journal, 2012
- Super Lawyer Rising Star 2020
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America,© 2024
- Corporate Law
See our disclaimer regarding third-party awards.
Community Involvement & Board Memberships
- Kids Forward Foundation, Board of Directors
- United Way of Dane County
- 2022 Workplace Giving Campaign – Vice Chair Professional Services
- 2023 Workplace Giving Campaign – Chair Professional Services
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Business Law Section
- Dane County Bar Association
Presentations, Publications, & Contributions
Co-author with Jeffrey J. Storch, "Wisconsin Limited Liability Company: Forms and Practice Manual", published by Data Trace, Inc. (2013 - present)
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2010
- Order of the Coif
- Stewart Macaulay Award for Excellence and Leadership in Contract Law, 2010
- B.S., magna cum laude, Biology, Edgewood College, 2001
Patrick’s Select Writing & Presentations
U.S. Treasury Department Releases FAQ on the Review of Borrower’s Good Faith Certification Under the Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”)
The Banking Lawyer | 05.13.20
On May 13, 2020, the U.S. Treasury Department released FAQ 46, which discusses the SBA’s review of the good faith certification that borrowers are required to make on a PPP Loan Application. Namely, the PPP Loan Application requires borrowers to certify in good faith that the current economic uncertainty makes their request for a PPP loan necessary to support the borrower’s ongoing business operations.