Patrick’s practice focuses on banking and commercial transactions, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures, commercial lending, and contract negotiation.
He assists banks and bank holding companies with mergers, stock acquisitions, asset sales and branch acquisitions, subchapter s conversions, holding company and subsidiary formations, corporate governance, vendor contract negotiations and regulatory and compliance matters. Patrick has negotiated on behalf of Wisconsin banks on various regulatory issues with the FDIC, DFI, HUD and Federal Reserve. He frequently speaks and writes about legal issues affecting community banks for the Wisconsin Bankers Association. Patrick also represents both borrowers and lenders in various types of commercial loan transactions, including bank stock loans, loan participations, commercial real estate loans and commercial and industrial financing.
In addition to banks, Patrick works with a wide-range of businesses on transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, redemptions, spin-offs, organizations and restructures, real estate transactions, commercial loans and corporate governance matters. He also assists business owners with shareholder agreements, operating agreements, buy-outs, business succession planning, and ownership disputes.
Admitted to Practice
Honors & Recognition
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Wisconsin Law Journal, 2012
See our disclaimer regarding third-party awards.
Community Involvement & Board Memberships
- Wisconsin Council on Children & Families Foundation, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Business Law Section
- Dane County Bar Association
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2010
- Order of the Coif
- Stewart Macaulay Award for Excellence and Leadership in Contract Law, 2010
- B.S., magna cum laude, Biology, Edgewood College, 2001
Presentations, Publications, & Contributions
Co-author with Jeffrey J. Storch, "Wisconsin Limited Liability Company: Forms and Practice Manual", published by Data Trace, Inc. (2013 - present)