Jared practices in the areas of municipal law, real estate, estate planning, and core business services. In those areas, Jared counsels individuals, businesses, and municipalities through a wide range of legal issues, helping to craft solutions that fit his clients’ needs.
Jared’s principal municipal practice includes land use and zoning, tax increment financing development, policy and ordinance drafting and implementation, contract drafting, and conflict resolution. Jared serves as general counsel for two municipal corporations in Dane County, and has provided assistant representation to numerous other Wisconsin municipalities. His background includes an emphasis in environmental law, including WPDES permits.
Jared enjoys collaborating with his clients to help them achieve their goals, whether in the role as a leader or a team member. He understands that everyone brings their own expertise to the table. Committed to excellence and integrity, Jared strives to live by the following: Do your best, do what is right, and treat others as you want to be treated.
Admitted to Practice
- Wisconsin State Courts, 2012
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, 2012
- Advised and assisted the Town of Roxbury in obtaining elector approval to construct a new town hall building.
- Drafted winning briefs on issues of governmental and conditional use zoning in a circuit court de novo review for a dispute between two municipalities.
- Represented seller of automotive dealership.
- Assisted members of a family owned farm company in ownership buyout and restructuring.
Community Involvement & Board Memberships
- River Arts, Inc., Vice President, 2016 to present, Board Member, 2015 to present
- Friends of the Great Sauk State Trail, Board Member, 2017 to present
- Ferry Bluff Eagle Council, Board Member, 2015 to 2017
- Sauk Prairie Young Professionals, Officer, 2014 to 2017
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- Sauk County Bar Association
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 2012
- Honors in Real Estate Law Concentration
- B.A., magna cum laude, Biology & Environmental Studies, St. Olaf College, 2005