Attorney Fahey’s work largely involves the development and implementation of strategies, plans, programs, and transactions for businesses, governmental entities, and individuals.
Attorney Fahey has organized business entities. He has provided general representation to business and governmental entities with respect to their business affairs, including work in the areas of contracts, commercial transactions, and loans. He has assisted businesses with asset purchases and sales, and advised individuals and businesses with respect to business ownership issues and the purchase and sale of business ownership interests. He has represented clients in a variety of business mergers and acquisitions.
Attorney Fahey has broad experience with respect to real estate projects and transactions. He has represented clients with respect to the purchase and sale of real estate. He has worked on many real estate and building construction projects for Wisconsin school districts and other governmental entities.
Attorney Fahey also has extensive experience in the areas of probate, wills, trusts and estates, representing individuals with a variety of needs and interests.
Admitted to Practice
- Wisconsin State Courts
Honors & Recognition
- AV®Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Martindale-Hubell, “Wisconsin’s Top Rated Lawyers” in business
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America©
- Real Estate Law, 2012-Present
- Member of the Beta Gamma Sigma honorary fraternity
See our disclaimer regarding third-party awards.
Community Involvement & Board Memberships
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Lecturer
- Wisconsin Bar Association Hotline, Volunteer
- Belleville Area Cultural Foundation, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Queen of Peace Elementary School, Former Member, Education Commission
- Catholic Charities, Former Member, Marketing Committee
- Wisconsin State Bar Corporation and Business Law Committee to revise Wisconsin Business Corporation Law, 1985-1987
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Dane County Bar Association
- J.D., University of California – Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law
- B.B.A., With Honors, University of Wisconsin – Madison
William’s Latest Writing & Presentations
School Law FYI | 01.09.23
The regular open enrollment application period for the 2023-2024 school year begins on February 6, 2023. To prepare, school boards must meet this month (January 2023) to designate regular and special education spaces for the 2023-2024 school year and make any desired changes to the board’s open enrollment policies.