Peter’s practice includes work in the areas of intellectual property and business law. Peter helps companies and individuals protect their valuable intellectual property rights in a variety of matters ranging from prosecution of patents and trademarks to negotiating technology contracts. His patent prosecution practice primarily concerns chemical and mechanical applications. Peter’s work in the area of business law includes assisting clients with contract drafting, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and other general business matters. Peter also has experience with corporate and business matters such as drafting operating agreements and advising clients on their ownership rights in various intellectual property interests.
Prior to becoming an associate, Peter clerked for Boardman Clark for one year while finishing his law degree at the University of Wisconsin Law School. While attending the University of Wisconsin Law School, Peter performed extensive research in the fields of corporate governance and management. He also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Rebecca Dallet at the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Applying his education and experience in chemistry and business law, Peter helps companies of all sizes leverage their current and future intellectual property assets and navigate both day-to-day and critical transactions.
Admitted to Practice
- Wisconsin State Courts
Presentations, Publications, & Contributions
- Extending Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS) of Atmospheric Aerosol Particles to the Accumulation Mode (150 – 800 nm), Special Issue of Environmental Science: Processes and Impacts, 2018
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Alpha Chi Sigma Professional Chemistry Fraternity
- J.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2021
- Wisconsin Law Review, Articles Editor
- Student Bar Association, President
- Ray & Ethel Brown Award for Character, Leadership, and Service
- Best Performance Awards in Corporate Governance and Substantive Criminal Law
- B.S. Biomolecular Sciences, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, 2018
- Cappo Sales Track, Stephen M. Ross School of Business
- Certificate in Business Sales
Peter’s Latest Writing & Presentations
Business Minute | 06.23.22
On April 15, 2022, Tony Evers signed Senate Bill 566/Act 258 into law. This article highlights certain changes in the WUPL that will be of interest to those doing business in Wisconsin.