Paul’s estate planning clients are primarily individuals living in Wisconsin or Florida who appreciate the importance of comprehensive planning to transition their financial estates to their children or other heirs in the event of incapacity or death. Paul helps his clients create effective plans for the management of their estates. He also advises them on a wide variety of estate planning, gift and estate tax matters.
When probate or trust administration is required, Paul provides legal guidance to institutional and individual trustees and personal representatives. He also represents heirs and other beneficiaries in resolving conflicts that arise during probate and trust administration. In the area of elder law, Paul assists his clients in navigating the new challenges faced by our aging population, including the need for guardianships and assisted living arrangements.
Paul has practiced in these areas for over 25 years, and carries a level of experience in dealing with estate planning issues, both routine and complex, that is matched by few attorneys in the Madison area.
Admitted to Practice
- Wisconsin State Courts
- Florida State Courts
Honors & Recognition
- AV® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Named in Best Lawyers®, 2009-present
- Trusts and Estates and Trust and Estates Litigation
- Badger State Games in Badminton (Master's Division), Bronze medal-winner, 2009
- Portrayal of Schroeder in "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown," Best Supporting Actor Award, 1972
See our disclaimer regarding third-party awards.
Community Involvement & Board Memberships
- City of Verona Parks Commission
- Marquardt Village Foundation Board
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Alliance Planned Giving Committee
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- J.D., University of Kansas, 1990
- Order of the Coif
- Law Review
- M.S., Counseling and Personnel Services, Drake University,1983
- B.S., Psychology and Sociology, Valparaiso University,1976
Paul’s Select Writing & Presentations
The Estate Planner | 01.21.22
A personal representative is the individual named in a will to serve as personal representative of the decedent’s estate. But what are a personal represantive's roles and responsibilities?