Joe Hasler is a general practice attorney based in Baraboo and Reedsburg. He provides common-sense advice on day-to-day legal matters affecting local governments, landowners, and families.
Joe has unique experience with niche issues related to tourism, recreation and hospitality, short-term rentals, special events, elections, and intergovernment relations. He knows his way around the State Capitol and state government.
He also counsels private-sector clients on rural land matters like timber contracts and property-line disputes as well as the sale, purchase, and development of commercial and residential real estate. Additionally, he assists on family and senior law matters.
Joe’s goal is to solve problems by keeping them small while managing complicated challenges through explanation and consultation. He knows which Boardman Clark attorney to call in when needed.
Admitted to Practice
- Wisconsin State Courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Joe has advised local governments, boards, and commissions in South Central Wisconsin on a variety of legal matters, including:
- Negotiation and drafting of development agreements with financial, annexation and land use components
- Crafting ordinances and policies concerning signs, alcoholic beverages, streets and sidewalks and nuisances
- Preparing access and utility easements, real estate contracts, and covenants
- Navigating conditional uses, special exceptions, and variances
Community Involvement & Board Memberships
- Wisconsin Elections Board
- City of Reedsburg Planning Commission
- Reedsburg Area Medical Center Board of Directors/President
- Reedsburg Youth Hockey Association Board
- Soccer Club of Reedsburg Board and Coach
- Local, state & federal election and advocacy campaigns
- Sacred Heart Parish Pastoral Council President and Finance Committee
- Sauk County Bar Association President
- Wisconsin Catholic Conference Policy Group
- Sauk County Court Commissioner
- Madison Area Technical College Board of Trustees, 2013 - 2022
- Board of Trustees Chairperson, 2017- 2018
- J.D., honors, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- B.A., History, University of Wisconsin - Madison