People are choosing to change the way they settle their family law disputes. They are choosing to resolve the matters more humanely, more efficiently, and more creatively. Marta and the other members of the Boardman Family Law Group are on the cutting edge of family law in Wisconsin and can help clients achieve these solutions.
Marta Meyers counsels clients in family law, and works with clients in all process options, including collaborative law, mediation and more traditional negotiation/litigation. Marta currently serves on Boardman & Clark’s Executive Committee.
- Graduated from the University of Wisconsin Law School, Order of the Coif, 1993
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (2010 President of the Wisconsin Chapter)
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin (2010 Chair)
- Wisconsin Association of Mediators
- Legal Association for Women
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Family Law Section, past Board Member)
- Dane County Bar Association (past President)
Professional Achievements, Honors and Distinctions
- Named a Super Lawyer in annual Super Lawyers publication (2006-current)
- Named a Best Lawyers in annual Best Lawyers publication (2008-current)
- AV rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Literacy Network Tutor
- Long term volunteer for the Dane County Bar Association:
- Case mediation program
- Family Law Assistance Center
- Small Claims Assistance Center
- Foreclosure Clinic
- “Tracing to Avoid Transmutation,” Journal of AAML, Vol. 17, #2, 2001.
- “Gifted and Inherited Property After Derr,” Wisconsin Journal of Family Law, Vol. 26, No. 2, 2006.
“We create our fate every day we live.” -Henry Miller