Kirsten is part of Boardman & Clark’s full service banking group serving primarily community banks located in Wisconsin, along with their holding companies and their insurance, securities, and investment subsidiaries. She also provides legal advice to regional and out-of-state banks. Kirsten works closely with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions, FDIC, Federal Reserve, OCC and various state securities regulators on behalf of her banking clients.
Kirsten has established de novo banks in Wisconsin and has helped form many holding companies for Wisconsin community banks. She regularly works with banks and their holding companies to acquire other banks and branches. Kirsten has helped banks, holding companies and other corporations issue common stock, preferred stock, debt securities and trust preferred securities to raise hundreds of millions of dollars capital. Kirsten successfully worked with the WBA to revise the new Wisconsin securities statutes to remove a provision that would have adversely impacted the traditional business of community banks in this state.
Kirsten is also part of Boardman & Clark’s Business Law Services and Start-up and Emerging Companies groups. On behalf of banks, bank holding companies, non-profit organizations and a variety of early stage, small and mid-size businesses, Kirsten regularly assists with structuring securities offerings, preparing offering materials, and making required filings with Federal and state securities regulators. She has assisted her clients with creating various series of preferred stock and securing institutional investment. She also drafts proxy and other shareholder communications, prepares incentive plans and executive compensation agreements, reviews business contracts, assists with the formation of new companies and advises boards of directors on both day-to-day matters and extraordinary corporate transactions. Kirsten regularly speaks to different audiences regarding securities matters.
On behalf of her non-profit clients, Kirsten assists with setting up microfinance loan funds, and also with the ongoing securities activities and compliance of such funds.
presentations, publications, & contributions
- Taught the WBA’s Municipal Lending Form Workshop with Attorney Richard Heinemann for several years
- Published article on the Bank Broker Dealer Rules in the WBA Compliance Journal
community involvement & board memberships
- Past Member of the Board of Directors of the Norcap Growth Fund (mutual fund)
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Business Law Section)
- Dane County Bar Association
- J.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School, Order of the Coif, Managing Editor of Wisconsin Law Review
- M.A. in Spanish Literature, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- B.A. in Political Science and Spanish (Graduated with Distinction), University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Ice skating
- Though she is originally from Wisconsin, Kirsten grew up in Peru and Bangladesh, and is fluent in Spanish.