Jon C. Nordenberg
Jon is a partner with the firm. His practice over the past 28 years spans representing start-up to publicly-traded companies and individual shareholders/business owners. Jon represents several insurance companies on regulatory and general business matters. For over 15 years, he has acted as outside general counsel for a major HMO in south central Wisconsin. Jon also has extensive experience representing software and technology development companies. He represents other clients on complex contractual matters, including a recent sale of a downtown Madison hotel, other assets and stock sales/acquisitions, and utility construction projects.
Jon’s current clients include Physicians Plus Insurance Corporation, the League of Wisconsin Municipalities Mutual Insurance, Wisconsin Reinsurance Corporation, Symphony Corporation, and the Wisconsin Statewide Health Information Network, Inc. (WISHIN).
Jon’s specific services include business formation and governance; mergers and acquisitions; software and IP licensing and development agreements; non-competes; employment and consulting/services agreements; regulatory matters; financings; insurance contracts and regulation; provider contracts; the Affordable Care Act; HIPAA and state confidentiality; credentialing, peer review and data bank reporting; other contracting.
Jon also is an Adjunct Professor in the School of Business, Edgewood College, teaching Health Policy and Law in the MBA program in Health Systems Leadership (2013–2015).
Admitted to practice
- State of Wisconsin (1987)
- Federal District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin (1987)
honors & recognitions
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in the “Best Lawyers in America” publication in the areas of Health Care Law and Insurance Law (2013-present)
- Selected to Wisconsin Super Lawyers list (2016)
Community Involvement & board memberships
- Downtown Madison Rotary (2009-Present)
- Past Member of the Lay Review Committee for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Western Wisconsin Chapter: President (2006-2008), Board of Directors (2003-2009)
- Boardman, Suhr, Curry & Field LLP Firm Executive Committee (2004-2011)
- Leadership Greater Madison (LGM class 6, 1998-1999)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association (member of health and business law sections)
- Wisconsin Bar Association (member of health and business law sections)
- J.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin – Madison School of Law, 1987
- B.S., University of Wisconsin – Madison with honors, 1978
- Biking (road and mountain)
- Cross country skiing
- His Labrador Retrievers