Jerry E. McAdow
His practice emphasizes business and corporate law, especially banking (on the creditor side), commercial, real estate, and municipal law. Jerry spends much of his time negotiating and drafting construction and real estate development contracts, business buy-sell agreements, loan documents, and business organization agreements.
Jerry represents large and small businesses before municipal bodies in zoning, annexation, and other contexts. He helped American Family Mutual Insurance Company annex more than 700 acres to the City of Madison for a corporate headquarters in 1987-88 and has continued to represent American Family in its development of an office park and retail center. Jerry’s
clients include radio stations, nursing homes, construction contractors, land developers, lenders, and numerous sole proprietorships, partnerships, and business corporations.
HOnors & Recognitions
- Listed in Best Lawyers for Commercial Transactions and Real Estate Law
- Past president of the State Bar’s Office Management Section
- Charter member and past president of his Rotary Club
- Past Chair of the American Heart Association’s Heartride bike pledge tour
- Participant for several years in the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s “Best Dam Bike Tour” fund-raising ride
- J.D., University of Denver College of Law, 1967
In 1995, Jerry’s passion for bicycling culminated in a 6-week, 2,700-mile journey from Seattle to Madison, an adventure chronicled in The Capital Times. He has since completed the cross country bike trip by biking from Maine to Madison.