Patrick is a partner at Boardman & Clark and is a member of the firm’s Banking Practice Group. He assists banks and bank holding companies with mergers, stock acquisitions, asset sales and branch acquisitions, subchapter s conversions, holding company and subsidiary formations, corporate governance, vendor contract negotiations and regulatory and compliance matters. Patrick’s practice includes negotiating on behalf of Wisconsin banks to resolve issues with the FDIC, HUD, the Wisconsin DFI and the Chicago Federal Reserve. He also represents banks and other lenders in a variety of commercial loan transactions. He frequently speaks and writes about legal issues affecting Wisconsin community banks for the Wisconsin Bankers Association.
Patrick also represents corporations and limited liability companies in mergers and acquisitions, corporate organizations and restructures, contract negotiations and corporate governance matters. Patrick is the co-author of “Wisconsin Limited Liability Company: Forms and Practice Manual,” published by Data Trace, Inc. (2013 – present).
Community Involvement & board memberships
- Civitas leadership development program
- Voluntary Leadership Board – Madison Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Board of Directors – Wisconsin Council on Children & Families Foundation
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2010, Order of the Coif
- Stewart Macaulay Award for Excellence and Leadership in Contract Law, May 2010
- B.S. in Biology, magna cum laude, Edgewood College, 2001
- Fly-fishing, mountain biking, snowboarding, rock climbing and cooking
- During Patrick’s career, he has been a line cook, bartender, waiter, climbing instructor and gym manager, carpenter, general contractor and business owner.