Jeffrey P. Clark
Jeff maintains a varied practice with emphasis on real estate, estate planning, probate and trust administration, elder law, medical assistance planning and municipal law matters. Over the years he has represented many real estate developers and obtained approval of a large number of single-family and condominium plats and certified survey maps, and has obtained rezonings, variances and conditional use permits on behalf of clients. He has also represented small businesses on any number of matters including entity formation, stock purchase agreements, sale and acquisitions and government permits, but his primary focus is working directly with individuals.
Jeff’s estate planning, probate, trust administration and, especially, the ever expanding area of elder law, is family-focused. Jeff strives to learn and listen carefully to his clients and then focuses on crafting appropriate estate or family planning techniques to meet the client’s needs. Whether the objective is to efficiently pass assets at death with a minimum of disruption or cost, or preserving and protecting assets in anticipation of long term care benefit needs, Jeff has the ability and experience to place his clients on the correct path.
Jeff is the resident partner in the firm’s Poynette, Wisconsin office but travels frequently to the firm’s other offices to meet and work with clients.
HONORS & RECOGNITIONS
- AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell (highest rating)*
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer, Real Estate (2006)
- Columbia County Supplemental Court Commissioner
- Successfully argued Pulsfus Poultry Farms, Inc. v. Town of Leeds, 149 Wis. 2d 767, 440 N.W.2d 329 (1989), before the Wisconsin Supreme Court
- Listed by Best Lawyers in Elder Law (2016)
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & BOARD MEMBERSHIPS
- Director, Bank of Poynette
- Member, Poynette Downtown Revitalization Committee
- Member, Poynette Economic Development Committee
- Member, Poynette Curling Club
- Member, Portage Country Club
- Director and President, Landmark Resort Condominium Owners Association, Inc., Door County, Wisconsin
- Member, Friends of McKenzie Environmental Center, in Poynette
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Dane and Columbia County Bar Associations
- Advisor, State Bar of Wisconsin Elder Law Section Board (former Director and Chair)
- Director, Wisconsin Chapter-National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin Inc., Legal and Financial Planning Committee
- B.A., magna cum laude, Ripon College, 1976, Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin-Madison – 1979, Order of the Coif
- Jeff and his wife, Susan, have raised two wonderful children and have survived the last few years working together in the Poynette office.
- In his free time, Jeff “works” at those frustrating Scottish pastimes known as curling and golf, enjoying and exploring Door County, tinkering around the yard, and quiet times at the movies or theater.
*AV® is registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.