Jeff is Chair of Boardman & Clark’s Business practice group and leads its Restaurant & Hospitality and Agribusiness subgroups. Jeff’s work with clients includes company formation, business succession planning and reorganization, agreements among owners, mergers and acquisitions, contract drafting and interpretation, executive compensation agreements, and tax, ERISA, and other regulatory compliance. He also works with employee benefits plans, such as ESOPs, 401(k), 403(b), profit sharing, pension, health, and cafeteria plans and health savings accounts.
In a prior life, Jeff owned a restaurant on the southeast side of Madison and knows first-hand the challenges small business owners face. Jeff takes care of the “legal red tape” so that his clients can focus on running their business. His ideal clients are small and mid-sized business owners who are looking for a lawyer to partner with them as they grow their business.
Admitted to Practice
- Wisconsin, 2000
PResentations, publications & Contributions
- Co-author with Patrick P. Neuman of “Wisconsin Limited Liability Company: Forms and Practice Manual,” Published by Data Trace Inc. (2013-present)
- Speaker on numerous topics, including choice of business entity, drafting limited liability company and partnership agreements, using ESOPs for business succession planning, health savings accounts, and COBRA
Community involvement & board memberships
- Board of Directors, Madison Originals Restaurant Group (2011-2015)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Business Law and Taxation Sections)
- Sauk County Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Business Law and Taxation Sections)
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2000, Order of the Coif
- B.S. in French, University of Wisconsin – Madison, 1990
- Jeff is an avid, if slowing, long-distance runner. Favorite courses include Dances with Dirt in Devil’s Lake, the Fox Cities Marathon, and the Space Coast Marathon. Highlights include running the 2004 Boston Marathon and the Kettle Moraine and Lean Horse 100 mile runs in 2010