Legal Assistant - Family Law
Boardman Clark is a full-service law firm based out of Madison, Wisconsin overlooking the Capitol Square. One of the area’s premier firms, we are proud to offer our clients big-firm capabilities with a small-firm handshake.
At Boardman Clark, our approach is grounded in a few guiding principles. We know that the best advocacy starts with an uncompromising ethical backbone, and that trust is not given lightly and must be earned every day. We know the best counsel is thoughtful, unvarnished, and balanced.
Ask our clients and our employees what separates Boardman Clark from other law firms, and they will tell you: the people. Our team is comprised of talented, down-to-earth professionals who thrive in a flexible, supportive work environment within its community-oriented culture. We believe in supporting a diverse and inclusive environment, and a well-rounded, thoughtful approach to work and life. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. Here, attorneys enjoy plentiful resources and peer mentorship to promote their professional growth, as well as the flexibility to develop a practice that meets their unique vision and style.
If you are passionate about advocacy and delivering exceptional customer service, appreciate working in a fast-paced environment in the heart of downtown Madison, enjoy variety and challenge in your work, then you should consider joining the Boardman Clark team.
Boardman Clark offers a benefit package which includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with profit sharing, Firm paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, and various other benefit programs. We offer flexibility including a work from home hybrid schedule for most positions.
Boardman Clark is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Legal Assistant – Family Law
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $24.00 per hour
Boardman Clark seeks a Legal Assistant to work in our Family Law Practice Group. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for carrying out administrative services and providing support to firm litigators and transactional attorneys. The Legal Assistant will have a definite attention to detail, a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills and comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
- Assist in drafting Marital Agreements and Pleadings
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness.
- Type, proofread, and edit correspondence, memoranda, agreements and other legal and business documents from notes, templates, drafts, or dictated text under time sensitive deadlines
- Manage communication with clients, witnesses, etc.
- Monitor deadlines and manage multiple calendars; set appointments and meetings
- Ensure documents and correspondence are filed correctly
- Open files and organize and maintain filings (including electronic filing) and files.
- Assist timekeepers with tracking deadlines and organizing projects. Perform general research for timekeepers. Enter timekeepers’ time entries.
- Answer and direct phone calls; maintain contact lists
- Serve as back-up to other assistants.
- Perform other tasks as assigned, including sharing in additional administrative duties.
- Proven working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures, and protocols
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Organization, Communication, Critical Listening, Problem Solving, Prioritization
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of legal billing and document management software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Trustworthy, Consistent, Detail oriented, Dependable, Self-starter, Unflappable
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Could you be the person that Boardman Clark is looking for? If so, please send cover letter and resume to:
Boardman & Clark LLP
P.O. Box 927
Madison, WI 53701 – 0927
or email email@example.com.
“Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”.