19th Annual School Law Seminar
November 21, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Alliant Energy Center
1919 Alliant Energy Center Way
Parking will be free
See location map
We are pleased to announce a program designed specifically for the benefit of school district administrative personnel and board members. This year's complimentary program will include a plenary program featuring Attorney Michael Julka (Boardman Clark) in a discussion on the latest court, legislative, and regulatory developments affecting school districts.
In addition to the plenary program, attorneys from Boardman Clark will present on eight topics in a dual track format:
- Avoiding Legal Pitfalls While Drafting Effective Employee Handbooks
- Hot Topics in Special Education Law
- Tax And Employee Benefits Update
- Ins and Outs of Expulsions From The Board’s View
- Recent Wage and Hour Developments, Including Overtime Final Regulations
- Obtaining and Complying with Restraining Orders Against Dangerous Students and Citizens
- Business Contract Essentials And Tips To Avoid Pitfalls
- A Guide to the New Title IX Regulations
A full schedule of topics is available below.
Your school district may register as many individuals as are interested, including administrators, board members, principals, business managers, pupil services directors, and other school officials. Accordingly, please pass this notice on to others.