21st Annual School Law Seminar
BOARDMAN CLARK is pleased to announce a program designed specifically for the benefit of school administrative personnel and board members. This year's complimentary program will include a timely panel discussion with Boardman Clark school law attorneys on cases impacting the current school law landscape. Registration is now open at boardmanclark.com/school.
In addition to the panel discussion, attorneys from Boardman Clark will present on eight topics in a dual-track format:
- Employment Immigration: Hiring Foreign Nationals
- Be in the Know: Special Education Updates and Compliance Tips
- Important Legal Considerations Applicable to Hiring (and Retaining) in the Current Market
- Lessons Learned from Two Years of the 2020 Title IX Regulations and Proposed Changes
- Tax and Employee Benefits Update
- Discipline Issues with Regular and Special Education Students
- Current Board and Superintendent Governance Issues
- Prayers by Coaches & Guns on T-Shirts: Recent First Amendment Developments
A full schedule of topics is available below.
Your school may register as many individuals as are interested, including administrators, board members, principals, business managers, pupil services directors, and other school officials. Accordingly, please pass this notice on to others.
A pre-program continental breakfast and a lunch will be provided for all attendees. Choose from the following lunch options: Beef Pot Roast served with onions, celery, carrots, mashed potatoes & pan gravy, Chicken Provencal in a creamy pistachio dijon sauce with roasted red potatoes, or Roasted Vegetable Lasagna. Each selection includes a house salad, chef's choice of seasonal vegetable, dessert, freshly brewed coffee, hot or iced tea, and milk.
LOCATION + LODGING
Alliant Energy Center
1919 Alliant Energy Center Way
Parking will be free
See location map
If you require lodging, you may wish to consider the onsite hotel, Clarion Suites Central. For information regarding the Clarion Suites Central, you may call (608) 284-1234 or visit their website here. If you would like additional information regarding other accommodations in the area, please contact Nadia Riese at (608) 286-7212.
Boardman Clark attorneys will present on eight topics in a dual-track format. The schedule for the day will be as follows: