Joe Byrne counsels clients in all areas of intellectual property, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secret law.
Prior to entering law school, Joe was involved in the research and development of devices for imaging the human spine using Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) at General Electric Medical Systems in Waukesha, Wisconsin. He authored a paper entitled “Selectable Six-Element Multicoil Array for Entire Spine Imaging” which was presented at the 1990 Radiological Society of North America’s (RSNA) Scientific Assembly.
While in graduate school, Joe concentrated his efforts on the research and design of electronic circuits operating at microwave frequencies. His research efforts resulted in a United States patent and were presented at the 1989 Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineer’s (IEEE) Microwave Theory and Techniques (MTT) Symposium under the title “A Highly Directive, Broadband, Bidirectional Distributed Amplifier.”
Admitted to Practice
- Wisconsin State Courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association
- J.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, with honors, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, with honors, University of Wisconsin - Madison