Boardman Clark seeks a Legal Assistant to work in our Business and Litigation departments. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for carrying out administrative services and providing support to firm litigators and transactional attorneys.
Boardman Clark seeks a Legal Assistant to work in our Business and Litigation departments. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for carrying out administrative services and providing support to firm litigators and transactional attorneys. The Legal Assistant will have a definite attention to detail, a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills and comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
Boardman Clark offers a standard benefits package including Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with profit sharing, Company paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, and various other benefit programs. We offer flexibility including a work from home hybrid schedule for most positions. Our community outreach program sets us apart from most employers. Boardman Clark is a strong supporter of diversity, equity and inclusion and we encourage interested staff to become involved. Please see our website www.boardmanclark.com for more information on our outreach programs.
Could you be the person that Boardman Clark is looking for? If so, please send cover letter and resume to: Human Resources, Boardman & Clark LLP, P.O. Box 927, Madison, WI 53701 – 0927 or email email@example.com.
Boardman Clark is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Description – Legal Assistant
- Identify and organize documents for closings of complex financing or acquisition transactions
- Assist with transaction closings from start to finish
- Ensure that relevant documents are filed in the client’s minute book records and that equity ownership information is properly maintained
- Docket reminders for annual corporate filings (e.g., stock plan registration)
- Type, proofread, run comparisons, and edit correspondence, memoranda, agreements and other legal and business documents from notes, templates, drafts, or dictated text under time sensitive deadlines
- Open files and organize and maintain filings (including electronic filing) and files.
- Assist timekeepers with tracking deadlines and organizing projects. Perform general research for timekeepers. Enter timekeepers’ time entries.
- Type from rough draft, handwritten materials and/or dictation into proper format.
- Schedule and calendar appointments and meetings; make travel arrangements and complete expense reports.
- Serve as back-up to other assistants.
- Perform other tasks as assigned, including sharing in additional administrative duties.
- Proven working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures, and protocols
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Organization, Communication, Critical Listening, Problem Solving, Prioritization
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of legal billing and document management software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Trustworthy, Consistent, Detail oriented, Dependable, Self-starter, Unflappable
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Who We Are
Boardman Clark is one of Madison’s preeminent law firms. We serve individuals, businesses, and public sector clients. While we have strong Madison roots, our practice has broader regional, national, and global reach.
At Boardman Clark, we are grounded by a few founding principles that guide all our client relationships. We know that the best advocacy starts with an uncompromising ethical backbone, and that your trust is not given lightly and must be earned every day. We know you do not just need someone who will tell you what you want to hear. You need candor: thoughtful, unvarnished, balanced counsel at every turn.
Boardman Clark’s 20,000+ square foot office overlooking Madison’s Capitol Square is the place our firm calls home. It is the place where Attorneys, Clients, Administrators, Support Staff, and Community Stakeholders all come together. Centrally located, our offices are an ideal spot for meetings and planning strategy. Our offices are located on the fourth and fifth floors of the U.S. Bank building; only minutes to dozens of restaurants and shops. With access to a rooftop patio and garden, it is also a great place to unwind after work for events and to take-in everything downtown Madison has to offer.
If you are passionate about advocacy and delivering exceptional customer service, appreciate working in a fast-paced environment in the heart of downtown Madison, enjoy variety and challenge in your work, then you should consider joining the Boardman Clark team.