Trusts & Estates Legal Assistant
The Legal Assistant will be responsible for carrying out administrative services and providing support to firm attorneys. The Legal Assistant will have a definite attention to detail, a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Type from rough draft, handwritten materials, and/or dictation into proper format.
- Compose basic or routine letters/transmittal e‑mails.
- Enter timekeepers’ time entries.
- Proofread for spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Schedule and calendar appointments and meetings; make travel arrangements and complete expense reports.
- Process mail; route documents via U.S. Mail, e‑mail, delivery service, fax, etc.
- Obtain/maintain contact information.
- Serve as back-up to other assistants.
- Perform general research for timekeepers.
- Monitor e‑mail, regular mail, and voice mail.
- Open files and organize and maintain filings (including electronic filing) and files; assist timekeepers with tracking deadlines and organizing projects.
- Answer phones and resolve questions or concerns from clients, other attorneys, and co-workers.
- When requested, monitor timekeepers’ e‑mail, regular mail, and/or voicemail. Arrange for responses whenever possible. Report responses/status of items to timekeepers.
- Proven working experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures, and protocols
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of legal billing and document management software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Education: High School Diploma is required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Skills: Organization, Communication, Critical Listening, Problem Solving, Prioritization
- Personal characteristics: Trustworthy, Consistent, Detail-oriented, Dependable, Self-starter, Unflappable
Could you be the person that Boardman & Clark is looking for? If so, please send cover letter and resume to: Office Manager, Boardman & Clark LLP, P.O. Box 927, Madison, WI 53701 – 0927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. “Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”.