Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director
We are seeking an experienced HR Director with outstanding people skills to manage our personnel and ensure that our human resources programs and initiatives are effective and efficient.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff
- Coordinates with attorneys to recruit, interview, hire and train new attorneys
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting and retention
- Develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management
- Designs onboarding and offboarding procedures
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations of Legal Assistant staff
- Coordinates firm-wide to facilitate effective evaluations of Paralegals and Attorneys
- Handles discipline and termination of Legal Assistants and Paralegals subject to Executive Committee input and approval
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, and initiatives to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of HR programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management
- Helps ensure that the Firm implements its diversity, equity, and inclusion policy and provides support to its DE/I employee resource group
- Develops and implements departmental budget
- Performs other duties as required
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and address situations with a high level of emotional intelligence. The candidate will also take initiative on and will research, assess, and communicate to Firm leadership on all major Human Resources issues and initiatives. Well-developed organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously will be keys to success. The candidate will have the ability to work well independently and as a team, and will work with little supervision, and consistently exercise excellent judgment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- Experience: At least 5 years of human resource management experience required Skills: Organization, Communication, Critical Listening, Problem Solving, Prioritization
- Personal characteristics: Trustworthy, Consistent, Dependable, Self-starter, Unflappable
Could you be the person that Boardman & Clark is looking for? If so, please send cover letter and resume to: Office Manager, Boardman & Clark LLP, P.O. Box 927, Madison, WI 53701 – 0927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. “Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”.