Associate Attorney – Banking Practice Group
Boardman Clark seeks an Associate Attorney who specializes in compliance regulations for financial institutions (banks and credit unions) to join our very busy Banking practice group.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years’ Banking experience with financial institution lending and compliance
- Familiarity with federal financial services and consumer protection regulations including TILA, RESPA, ECOA, BSA, EFTA, FCRA, HMDA, Flood regulations, GLBA and UDAAP
- Familiarity with the Wisconsin Consumer Act is a plus
- Experience with reviewing and documenting loan transactions also a plus.
The position is located in our downtown Madison office. This is a great opportunity for a qualified candidate with banking legal experience and interpersonal skills to step into a thriving practice group and begin or continue building their own book of business.
- Banking Experience Required
- Compliance Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school
- Ability to work independently or with a team of attorneys to develop the case strategies
- Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, and public speaking skills
- Ability to negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing effectively
- Adaptability and attention to detail
Who We Are
Boardman Clark is one of Madison’s preeminent law firms. We serve individuals, businesses, and public sector clients. While we have strong Madison roots, our practice has broader regional, national, and global reach.
At Boardman Clark, we are grounded by a few founding principles that guide all our client relationships. We know that the best advocacy starts with an uncompromising ethical backbone, and that your trust is not given lightly and must be earned every day. We know you do not just need someone who will tell you what you want to hear. You need candor: thoughtful, unvarnished, balanced counsel at every turn.
Boardman Clark’s 20,000+ square foot office overlooking Madison’s Capitol Square is the place our firm calls home. It is the place where Attorneys, Clients, Administrators, Support Staff, and Community Stakeholders all come together. Centrally located, our offices are an ideal spot for meetings and planning strategy. Our offices are located on the fourth and fifth floors of the U. S. Bank building; only minutes to dozens of restaurants and shops. With access to a rooftop patio and garden, it is also a great place to unwind after work for events and to take in everything downtown Madison has to offer.
If you are passionate about advocacy and delivering exceptional customer service, appreciate working in a fast-paced environment in the heart of downtown Madison, enjoy variety and challenge in your work, then you should consider joining the Boardman Clark team.
Boardman Clark offers a standard benefits package including Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with profit sharing, Company paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, and various other benefit programs. We offer flexibility including a work from home hybrid schedule for most positions. Our community outreach program sets us apart from most employers. Boardman Clark is a strong supporter of diversity, equity and inclusion and we encourage interested staff to become involved. Please see our website www.boardmanclark.com for more information on our outreach programs.
Could you be the person that Boardman Clark is looking for? If so, please send cover letter indicating salary expectations and resume to: HR Manager, Boardman & Clark LLP, P. O. Box 927, Madison, WI 53701 – 0927 or email HR@boardmanclark.com.
Boardman Clark is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.