Boardman Clark is a full-service law firm based out of Madison, Wisconsin overlooking the Capitol Square. One of the area’s premier firms, we are proud to offer our clients big-firm capabilities with a small-firm handshake.
At Boardman Clark, our approach is grounded in a few guiding principles. We know that the best advocacy starts with an uncompromising ethical backbone, and that trust is not given lightly and must be earned every day. We know the best counsel is thoughtful, unvarnished, and balanced.
Ask our clients and our employees what separates Boardman Clark from other law firms, and they will tell you: the people. Our team is comprised of talented, down-to-earth professionals who thrive in a flexible, supportive work environment within its community-oriented culture. We believe in supporting a diverse and inclusive environment, and a well-rounded, thoughtful approach to work and life. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. Here, attorneys enjoy plentiful resources and peer mentorship to promote their professional growth, as well as the flexibility to develop a practice that meets their unique vision and style.
If you are passionate about advocacy and delivering exceptional customer service, appreciate working in a fast-paced environment in the heart of downtown Madison, enjoy variety and challenge in your work, then you should consider joining the Boardman Clark team.
Boardman Clark offers a benefit package which includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with profit sharing, Firm paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, and various other benefit programs. We offer flexibility including a work from home hybrid schedule for most positions.
Boardman Clark is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Title: Accounting Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Boardman Clark seeks a knowledgeable Accounting Manager who can lead and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department. The ideal Accounting Manager would possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as a strong understanding of accounting and management principles. Activities to oversee include reporting, timekeeping, billing, trust accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, petty cash, and general ledger.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages the performance and development of staff within various functions including billing, collections, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff
- Ability to recognize efficiencies and implement them
- Manages the month-end closing process which includes reconciliations, preparing financial statements, and filing use tax
- Maintain the general ledger system
- Manages 401k program including compliance and annual audit
- Oversees transportation / parking program
- Manages year-end closing process which includes processing 1099’s, completing Statements of Personal Property, and coordinating with the firm’s CPA to facilitate completion of the firm’s tax returns
- Prepares and distributes year-end Partner compensation calculations.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as requested by Executive Committee, Executive Director, and Team Leaders
- Maintains accurate records of archived accounting information
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Manager
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and present oneself in a calm, professional manner under pressures of time and schedule.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team.
- Ability to work with little supervision, exercise good judgment and take ownership
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business with an accounting emphasis are preferred.
- Experience in Accounts payable, Accounts receivables, General Ledger, and Excel required; Supervisory experience preferred. Law firm experience is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable professional experience including supervision of various accounting functions.
- Prior experience with cloud-based ERP system, Aderant a plus.
Could you be the person that Boardman Clark is looking for? If so, please send cover letter and resume to:
Boardman & Clark LLP
P.O. Box 927
Madison, WI 53701 – 0927
or email email@example.com.
“Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”.