Labor & Employment
Boardman & Clark LLP provides a full range of services for its municipal, school district and private sector employer clients. Because of our size and state-wide presence, we have the knowledge, expertise, experience and capability to serve and meet our clients’ needs, regardless of size, location or union status.
As employment counselors, we prefer to focus on helping our clients avoid problems before they
develop, but we are also experienced litigators, skilled in the efficient and practical resolution of legal disputes once they arise.
As legal counsel, we view our role as becoming an integral part of your human relations team. A
central part of our delivery model is to maintain a personal approach and relationship with our clients, while at the same time delivering the highest level of services in the most efficient manner.
- Counsel regarding complex laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Family Medical Leave Act, and wage and hour, discrimination, and harassment laws.
- Representation in all types and phases of employment-related litigation.
- Drafting and reviewing employment policies and handbooks, as well as key documents, including non-competition and employee agreements.
- Workforce training in good management practices, hiring and firing, workplace sensitivity/antiharassment issues, and workplace safety.
- Counsel with respect to union organizing issues and representation in union negotiations,
arbitrations and unfair practice proceedings.
- Counsel and representation in Workers Compensation and Unemployment Compensation matters.
- Counsel and representation with respect to all matters involving employee benefits.