William L. Fahey
Attorney Fahey’s work largely involves the development and implementation of strategies, plans, programs and transactions for businesses, governmental entities and individuals.
Fahey organizes business entities. He provides general representation to business and governmental entities with respect to their business affairs, including work in the areas of contracts, commercial transactions and loans. He assists businesses with asset purchases and sales, and he advises individuals and businesses with respect to business ownership issues and the purchase and sale of business ownership interests. He has represented clients in a variety of business mergers and acquisitions.
Fahey has broad experience with respect to real estate projects and transactions. He represents clients with respect to the purchase and sale of real estate. He has worked on many real estate and building construction projects for Wisconsin school districts and other governmental entities. He has represented private developers with respect to real estate development projects, including tax incremental financing transactions and the development of private restrictions and covenants. He has organized an aging-in-place retirement community for a charitable non-profit entity consisting of condominiums, apartments and assisted living facilities. He has prepared commercial building and golf course leases.
Attorney Fahey also has extensive experience in the areas of probate, wills, trusts and estates, representing individuals with a variety of needs and interests.
Honors & Recognitions
- Beta Gamma Sigma honorary fraternity
- AV® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Listed in “Best Lawyers in America” for Real Estate Law, (2012-present)
Community Involvement & BOARD MEMBERSHIPS
- Belleville Area Cultural Foundation, former Member, Board of Directors
- Queen of Peace Elementary School, former Member, Education Commission
- Catholic Charities, former Member, Marketing Committee
- Member, Wisconsin State Bar Corporation and Business Law Committee to revise Wisconsin Business Corporation Law (1985-1987)
- Lecturer, University of Wisconsin Law School
- Participant, Wisconsin Bar Association Hotline volunteer program
- Member, Wisconsin Bar Association
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- J.D., University of California – Los Angeles
- B.B.A., University of Wisconsin – Madison, with honors
- Attended UCLA law school 1972-75, final three years of John Wooden’s tenure as coach of UCLA national champion basketball teams