Michael J. Lawton
Mike concentrates his practice in litigation, business, and real estate law. He has represented municipalities in prosecution of ordinance violations, defended school districts in civil rights actions, and represented lenders and corporations in bankruptcy matters, tort and employment discrimination actions, and other litigation. In business matters, Mike’s diverse practice includes such matters as commercial real estate development, antitrust and other trade regulations, drafting of shareholder agreements and stock options, and representation in the purchase and sale of businesses.
honors & recognitions
- Listed as a best lawyer in “Best Lawyers” publication (2012, 2016)
- Admitted to practice before the state and federal courts, including the U.S. Tax Court
- Member of the American, Wisconsin, and Dane County Bar Associations
- Member of the Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers.
- J.D., University of Wisconsin – Madison, cum laude